Skip to main content

Mini Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies



These cookies, well the original big version anyway, became a favorite for our family the very first time I made them.  They were one of the first recipes I saw on Picky Palate's site and made myself.  In fact, they are one of the only cookies that my husband, the baked-good hater, requests.  He had a serious craving for them this week,  and though I love them, they aren't really the kind of cookie you can sit and eat three of.  Well, you can but then you don't feel so good afterwards.  That is why I made him his cookies...then I made mine.  The mini version is so much better!  Same dough, same basic idea, only these you CAN sit and eat 3...or 6...without feeling too guilty or getting a tummy ache!


Gather up all of your ingredients.


Cream together the butter, white sugar...


and brown sugar until fluffy.


Whisk together dry ingredients.


Add the vanilla to the butter & sugar mixture.


Add in the eggs...


Add in the flour a little bit at a time.





Mix in the chips and get ready to roll!


Scoop out melon size balls of dough.


Place one ball of dough beneath the mini Oreo and one on top.


Pinch the ends of dough together to seal the mini Oreo inside.


Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.





Try not to eat them all at once! :)


Mini Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Picky Palate      
Makes 80-100, depending on how big you scoop the dough

2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
10 oz. chocolate chips (1 bag)
1 bag mini Oreos

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a stand mixer, cream together the butter with the brown and white sugar until fluffy.

In another bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.  Add the vanilla and eggs to the butter and sugar mixture.  Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients, mixing until combined.  Add in the chocolate chips.

Using a melon baller, or just your hands, scoop out small circles of cookie dough, placing one on top and one on bottom of each mini Oreo.  Pinch together the edges of the dough to seal the mini Oreo inside.  Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.  As with mini cupcakes, watch these mini cookies closely as they can over cook quickly.  Move cookies to a cooling rack as soon as they are cool enough to lift off the baking sheet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls...from scratch!

Tuesdays are our lazy days around our house.  I don't work until the afternoon and my daughter doesn't have school, so it is kind of the day that we sleep in, have a yummy breakfast and get a few things done around the house.  This Tuesday, I decided to make it extra special and make homemade cinnamon rolls...from scratch!  I don't think there is any better breakfast than a delicious hot from the oven cinnamon roll that you made with your very own hands.  Plus, I had some leftover cream cheese frosting that tasted just like Cinnabon's frosting...so yeah, basically best breakfast EVER! lol Our ingredients... Add your milk, oil, and sugar to a saucepan.  Heat over medium heat until just below boiling. Sprinkle on the yeast and allow to sit for a minute. Stir in the 4 cups of flour. Allow to sit covered with a kitchen towel for an hour in a warm place.  then stir in the last 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Place in ...

S'mores with a Twist!

Now that it is finally summer and the weather is beautiful here in Southwest Washington, that means it is time for camping and cookouts to begin.  The most important food item at these events of course, being s'mores.  Who needs the hot dogs, burgers and steaks...I'll take s'mores please!  : D For our family camping trip I decided to mix it up a bit and feature some new candy bars besides the Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars.  I hit the candy aisle at the grocery store and looked for every flat-ish candy bar available.  I ended up with a Hershey's Symphony bar, a Hershey's Cookies n' Cream bar, a Mr. Goodbar (my family's personal fav) and a Reese's Peanut Butter bar.  Time for the fun to begin!   We all had a blast trying the different bars and although they were all delicious, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law liked the Mr. Goodbar best, where as I LOVED the Reese's Peanut Butter bar.  I ate way too many after white water rafting...but I figure...

Happy St. Patrick's Day...have a cake pop!

I'm sure many of you know that yesterday was St. Patrick's Day.  A day for eating strange green foods and putting shamrocks on everything and of course drinking ridiculous amounts of alcohol.  Although I over course, like a good Irish girl, did all three, here we will talk about the eating green stuff part cause this is a food blog after all! A friend of mine recently brought to my attention that my experience is sorely lacking in one baking craze that is super popular right now, cake pops.  Until a few days ago, I had never made them...thought about it once, but I decided it wasn't worth the time and effort for the occasion. She of course begged me to do a post on them though because she wants to make them for her daughter's birthday.  So, being the wonderful friend that I am, I spent my day off working on cake pops.  I learned a few things...one, I seriously have no patience with disobedient baked goods and two, cake pops aren't all that hard, they are...