Skip to main content

Cookies and Cream Peanut Butter! Yeah, seriously!


After all the baking I have been doing over the last few weeks, I decided to take it easy this week and make some cookies and cream peanut butter.  I first saw this recipe over on Picky Palate's site and thought it looked interesting.  I was wrong, it is amazing.  Seriously, I don't know if I am ever going to be able to bring myself to eat regular peanut butter ever again!  I sent it in to my daughter's preschool for snack with some apples and the kids all loved it, the parents who tried it loved, my skeptical sister-in-law, who took one look at the strange color and raised her eyebrow at me, loved it!  Basically, everyone loves it!  So go grab yourself a pack of Oreos, some white chocolate chips and a jar of peanut butter and get started.  It's super easy and quick and well worth the 5 minutes it will take you to make and the extra 10 it will take you to tear apart your cupboards looking for a lid for the jar you put it in!





Crush up your Oreos...


Melt your chips and 2 Tbps. peanut butter in a double broiler


Mix Oreos, melted chips and peanut butter together


Enjoy!

Cookies and Cream Peanut Butter
from Picky Palate

2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
10 Oreo cookies
1 cup white chocolate chips

First, crush up your Oreo cookies.  You can do this a number of ways, by placing them in a ziploc bag and breaking them up by hand or a rolling pin, or you can put them in a food processor.
Note: If you place them in a food processor, try not to over crush them, they should still be kind of coarse with some sizeable chunks.  If you do over crush them, no real big deal...just be aware that if you mix the fine crumbs in really well with the peanut butter it makes a weird color...learn from my mistakes people!  LOL

Next, melt your chips and 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter over a double broiler or in the microwave.

In a larger bowl, add the 2 cups of peanut butter, the melted chips/peanut butter and the Oreo crumbs.  Mix as little or as much as you want.  You can leave swirls of Oreo crumbs or mix it until it is all incorporated like I did.  Place your peanut butter in a jar and try not to eat it all in 24 hours.  Ours has been in the house for 4 days or so, so I guess that means we have some self-control...well at least a few of us do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Bread Machine White Bread

About 6 months ago, I made the very difficult decision to leave my long-time job at Lower Columbia College for the opportunity to work at University of Portland, which had been a dream of mine for quite a while. During my last few days at LCC, one of my co-workers and friends asked me if I would finally be able to resume my blog and share recipes since I was going from a 40 hour work-week to a 35 hour work-week. At the time, I told him I wasn’t sure but that I would certainly try! Well, it has been 6 months...and all that extra time ended up consumed with a new obsession - gardening! (I’m sure there will be more about that new adventure in the future.) Anyway, I still haven’t been all that active with baking lately but I think this is the perfect opportunity to change that, if for no other reason, than it has  been almost impossible to even buy bread in the town of Woodland right now! Lol Which leads me to my post today - we’re making bread! And though I will end up making many

Easy Fudgy Brownies

I’m sure many of us are craving some comfort foods at this time - I base this of course on the fact that it seems that the baking aisle in every grocery store I have gone into since March 15th has been mostly empty of even the very basic of supplies - flour, yeast, brownie mix…It is getting better but short of going to literally every grocery store from here to Portland which makes me just a tad bit nervous and completely defeats the point of limiting time out in public, there appears to be a very small selection in pre-made mixes; and if I’m being honest, boxed mix is usually my go to for brownies! That being said, luckily I have a selection of brownie recipes I regularly use and like with supplies I normally stock in my pantry. For those of you craving a good fudgy brownie and lacking in mix like me, here is a from scratch brownie recipe that is not only super easy but dirties very few dishes. Enjoy! Fudgy Brownies Recipe adapt

Strawberry Savannah Smile Cupcakes

With all the beautiful weather we've had over the last couple of weeks, I find myself longing for Spring - for sunshine and flowers, longer days and the chirping of birds.  And of course...Girl Scout cookies!  For those who are linked in to the Girl Scout community, you know that the beginning of Spring is when Girl Scout cookies are delivered and girls of all ages begin to pop up at local grocery stores, working hard at setting up their booths and telling their community what service projects and fun trips they hope to support with the money they earn through all of their hard work.  I myself am a Girl Scout leader and the Troop Cookie Manager for our troop so I swear I live, breath and dream all things cookie from January through March. What better way to celebrate the beginning of all that hard work than to make a cookie inspired recipe for the Girl Scouts of Western Washington recipe contest?  And I can't think of any better way to get people in the mood for Girl Sco