Friday, February 11, 2011

Fruity Pebbles Treats



It has been an exhausting day in our house today.  My daughter woke up late last night with the worst cold ever and ended up sleeping in our bed with us all night.  Well, I guess I should say she slept...the hubby and I, not so much.  That being said I was looking for something yummy and quick to make for the family today.  Luckily I had just the thing lined up, Fruity Pebble Treats.

They are super quick and easy and so very yummy!  My husband requested them a couple of weeks ago and seeing as they take 10 minutes max, they seemed just perfect for my blog post today.





Fruit Pebble Treats
12 servings

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 package of regular sized marshmallows
5 cups fruity pebbles

In a deep pan melt the butter/margarine on low heat.  Add the marshmallows, stirring constantly so that it does not burn.  Pour in the fruity pebbles and stir until well mixed.  Pour the mixture out into a greased 9x13 baking dish.  





I chose to drizzle a bit of melted chocolate on top to kind of jazz them up.  Put a handful of chocolate chips in a ziploc baggie.  Pop it into the microwave on 50% power for 30-45 seconds, keeping a close eye so you don't end up with a huge mess.  Remove and cut a small hole into the corner of the baggie, then squeeze the melted chocolate out over top and pop in the fridge until cooled.






No comments:

Post a Comment