Skip to main content

Banana Bread


Hello everyone!  Glad to see you again!  Now that the school year is finally under way and the first day of fall is behind us, it is time to start up with blogging again!  One of my most favorite things of fall is that the weather is once again perfect for baking!  Don't get me wrong, I still bake even in the midst of 90+ degree weather when the mood strikes, I'm just not super motivated to take photos or write about it...I'm most motivated to eat it! 

To ease us all back into our baking routines, I decided to start off with banana bread...perfect for before school breakfasts on the go or a post soccer game snack.  I LOVE banana bread in all its forms...with nuts...with chocolate...in muffins...in bundt form...but most of all I just love the typical banana bread loaf!  Nothing beats that basic loaf!  I love to warm it up and slather on the butter too...though that is not ideal for shoving in your face on your way out the door to work! :)





Whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside for now.


Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.


Mix in eggs one at a time until completely incorporated.  Add in the vanilla.


Add in the lightly mashed bananas.


Beat on Medium speed until the bananas are completely mixed in.


Add in the dry ingredients about half at a time and mix until until combined.


Pour into a non-stick spray coated loaf pan.


Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350F.


...try not to eat it all! 



Banana Bread
based on this recipe on foodnetwork.com

1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
2-3 over ripe bananas

Preheat the oven to 350.

In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together sugar and butter until fluffy and light.  In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Once the butter mixture is fluffy, beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated, then add in the vanilla.  Lightly mash the bananas and then add to the butter mixture.  In a couple of batches, add in the flour mixture being sure not to overmix. Pour the batter into a loaf pan coated with non-stick spray.  Bake for 50-55 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Bread Machine White Bread

About 6 months ago, I made the very difficult decision to leave my long-time job at Lower Columbia College for the opportunity to work at University of Portland, which had been a dream of mine for quite a while. During my last few days at LCC, one of my co-workers and friends asked me if I would finally be able to resume my blog and share recipes since I was going from a 40 hour work-week to a 35 hour work-week. At the time, I told him I wasn’t sure but that I would certainly try! Well, it has been 6 months...and all that extra time ended up consumed with a new obsession - gardening! (I’m sure there will be more about that new adventure in the future.) Anyway, I still haven’t been all that active with baking lately but I think this is the perfect opportunity to change that, if for no other reason, than it has  been almost impossible to even buy bread in the town of Woodland right now! Lol Which leads me to my post today - we’re making bread! And though I will end up making many

Easy Fudgy Brownies

I’m sure many of us are craving some comfort foods at this time - I base this of course on the fact that it seems that the baking aisle in every grocery store I have gone into since March 15th has been mostly empty of even the very basic of supplies - flour, yeast, brownie mix…It is getting better but short of going to literally every grocery store from here to Portland which makes me just a tad bit nervous and completely defeats the point of limiting time out in public, there appears to be a very small selection in pre-made mixes; and if I’m being honest, boxed mix is usually my go to for brownies! That being said, luckily I have a selection of brownie recipes I regularly use and like with supplies I normally stock in my pantry. For those of you craving a good fudgy brownie and lacking in mix like me, here is a from scratch brownie recipe that is not only super easy but dirties very few dishes. Enjoy! Fudgy Brownies Recipe adapt

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls...from scratch!

Tuesdays are our lazy days around our house.  I don't work until the afternoon and my daughter doesn't have school, so it is kind of the day that we sleep in, have a yummy breakfast and get a few things done around the house.  This Tuesday, I decided to make it extra special and make homemade cinnamon rolls...from scratch!  I don't think there is any better breakfast than a delicious hot from the oven cinnamon roll that you made with your very own hands.  Plus, I had some leftover cream cheese frosting that tasted just like Cinnabon's frosting...so yeah, basically best breakfast EVER! lol Our ingredients... Add your milk, oil, and sugar to a saucepan.  Heat over medium heat until just below boiling. Sprinkle on the yeast and allow to sit for a minute. Stir in the 4 cups of flour. Allow to sit covered with a kitchen towel for an hour in a warm place.  then stir in the last 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Place in a large bowl and r