Skip to main content

Triple Chocolate Cookies! YUMMY!!!!


When my daughter and I were shopping for her new school clothes a few weeks ago, we stopped at the mall food court to recharge in between stores and grab some lunch.  We went to a little cafe/sandwich shop there that had these amazing little triple chocolate cookie chippers that my little one and I have both been craving ever since.

Of Course, she wanted me to just go back and buy more, I however decided to try to recreate the recipe at home...you know so that we could have them over and over instead of just when I have time to go to the mall.  It's a baking version of the whole teach a man to fish, he'll eat for life philosophy... kind of deep for a cookie craving, huh?!

Anyway, we mostly just went with the recipe of the back of a bag of Nestle white chocolate chips...the results were pretty close and we ate them all in about 24 hours!  (All 8 of us...not just my daughter and I!)





Wihisk or sift together your dry ingredients.


Cream together butter and sugars.


Beat on medium high until fluffy.


Add in the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.  Add in the chips.


Press the dough out onto a piece of wax or parchment paper.  Form it into a rectangle about 1/2" thick.


Cut into 1" squares.





Place on cookie sheets about 1 1/2" to 2" apart.


Bake for 10-12 minutes.


Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.


Now try not to eat them all in one sitting! : D


Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes about 5 dozen cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F.

Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl.  Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until fluffy and creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time, being sure to mix in completely between additions.  Add flour mixture in a bit at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula when necessary.  Add in both chips and stir until well incorporated.

Place a large piece of parchment or wax paper down on a flat surface like an island or counter.  Scoop the cookie dough out on to it and flatten into a 9x13 sized rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick.  Cut into squares about 1 to 1 1/2 inches.  Place on baking sheets about an inch apart and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Allow to cool for a minute on the cookie sheets, then move to a cooling rack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Bread Machine White Bread

About 6 months ago, I made the very difficult decision to leave my long-time job at Lower Columbia College for the opportunity to work at University of Portland, which had been a dream of mine for quite a while. During my last few days at LCC, one of my co-workers and friends asked me if I would finally be able to resume my blog and share recipes since I was going from a 40 hour work-week to a 35 hour work-week. At the time, I told him I wasn’t sure but that I would certainly try! Well, it has been 6 months...and all that extra time ended up consumed with a new obsession - gardening! (I’m sure there will be more about that new adventure in the future.) Anyway, I still haven’t been all that active with baking lately but I think this is the perfect opportunity to change that, if for no other reason, than it has  been almost impossible to even buy bread in the town of Woodland right now! Lol Which leads me to my post today - we’re making bread! And though I will end up making many

Easy Fudgy Brownies

I’m sure many of us are craving some comfort foods at this time - I base this of course on the fact that it seems that the baking aisle in every grocery store I have gone into since March 15th has been mostly empty of even the very basic of supplies - flour, yeast, brownie mix…It is getting better but short of going to literally every grocery store from here to Portland which makes me just a tad bit nervous and completely defeats the point of limiting time out in public, there appears to be a very small selection in pre-made mixes; and if I’m being honest, boxed mix is usually my go to for brownies! That being said, luckily I have a selection of brownie recipes I regularly use and like with supplies I normally stock in my pantry. For those of you craving a good fudgy brownie and lacking in mix like me, here is a from scratch brownie recipe that is not only super easy but dirties very few dishes. Enjoy! Fudgy Brownies Recipe adapt

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls...from scratch!

Tuesdays are our lazy days around our house.  I don't work until the afternoon and my daughter doesn't have school, so it is kind of the day that we sleep in, have a yummy breakfast and get a few things done around the house.  This Tuesday, I decided to make it extra special and make homemade cinnamon rolls...from scratch!  I don't think there is any better breakfast than a delicious hot from the oven cinnamon roll that you made with your very own hands.  Plus, I had some leftover cream cheese frosting that tasted just like Cinnabon's frosting...so yeah, basically best breakfast EVER! lol Our ingredients... Add your milk, oil, and sugar to a saucepan.  Heat over medium heat until just below boiling. Sprinkle on the yeast and allow to sit for a minute. Stir in the 4 cups of flour. Allow to sit covered with a kitchen towel for an hour in a warm place.  then stir in the last 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Place in a large bowl and r